Sunday 15 November 2015

From One Top Holiday Spot to Another!...(Worthing!)...It's a dog's Life





From Crete, in a Crate, all the Way to Worthing in West Sussex...
The Rudy Has Landed!

It was a long haul from Crete, and the Gouves' Animal Shelter volunteer ladies did us 4 dog-travellers proud! The trip didn't quite go according to plan and I think a few beings... human and canine, got fairly near the end of their tether at times! I've finished up in a place called Worthing hey ho!... And, first impressions are that it's OK. Cooler than Greece but that is just from a temperature point of view initially. I will let you know about the social, hip-hop and night club scene after a few days...

I was sick in the back of my new owner's car after being lifted into my new squidgy pet carrier...within the first 30 seconds... and then did a poo on the hall floor as soon as I got into the house... what my new boss called my 'travel plug'! He thinks I'd been constipated after being cooped up in a box for a long time with only a few opportunities to stretch my legs and, I'll admit... I was nervous. But I certainly didn't want to sit in my own crap for the best part of 1,500 miles! Can you imagine the embarrassment? Everyone was very nice about that first indiscretion, and we've all put it down to the journey taking much longer than expected. So, I'm on Chicken and Rice at the moment and every time I do something that makes them smile I get something that smells manky but actually tastes quite nice. I have two or three places in the house with squidgy things to relax on. But I spent the first night in my transit carrier in the hall with the noise from the TV to keep me company. There was plenty of time to sleep off the journey on that first night... My new folks went to bed early because I think they had a fractious time too... Two trips up to the M20 on consecutive days.... It's been said that I now owe my boss a tank of fuel out of the earnings from my first modelling contract. He says I'm cute enough. I decided to try whimpering and barking at about 4am because I was busting for a pee and it worked a treat. The new boss came down and took me out in the rain in his onesy and with bare feet (you have to laugh)...and I made it easy on him by doing a double evacuation within about twenty seconds. I got a dog treat for that but he got soaked!


It's all going well...I've been out for my first walk on a lead over here and I stuck to the guvnor like a limpit - just to make a good impression. It's been mentioned in hushed tones that there's a visit to the vet lined up. I'm going on a ferry to Brittany in a few weeks and so I have to have my chip scanned and my new address registered. I'm just hoping that the 'nut job' I mentioned in an earlier blog (but didn't actually have) has been forgotten about for the time being.

I'm just about to have a bath!!! Eek! Somebody said I smelt like a tramp and 'voom' some posh shampoo has been sourced for the purpose. Until now I've been almost the perfect house guest (if you don't count the sick, the poo and the wee) I even brought my own towel with me! And, now that it's been washed after the 'sicky' experience... the bath, I'm afraid, is inevitable. And the chances are... when I'm smelling sweeter, there will be more cuddles and an opportunity, after being towel dried, to finish off in front of the fire! It's a dog's life eh?!

And... (the 'boss' here) just as the bath was running ... he did a wee on the landing carpet!!!! OK, first time un-supervised upstairs so - my fault, not his... Anyway he looks great after his bath... Jealous? Yes - because he has so much more hair than I do!


2 comments:

A Fishing Rod for Brian • Bridlington 1954

A fishing rod for Brian… wow, of course! A definite must! He’d been banging on… can I, can I, can I mam…aw… just like a broken reco...